SLTN recently caught up with three industry insiders to chat about about all things festive, including our own Alex McKie of The Golf Inn, St Andrews.
• How do you expect Christmas 2017 trade to compare to last year?
We expect trading will be stronger than last year, especially for us as we now have three venues across central Scotland, having recently become the in-house bar and restaurant at The Golf Inn in St Andrews, which we are really excited about. It has a great reputation for whisky and cocktails.
Juniper at Old Churches House has a bar and terrace too, as well as the brasserie, so that is also good news. We are covering day and wedding events there too, so it’s all very vibrant for us and we are already well underway with our preparations for Christmas 2017.
• What do you expect to be the most popular drinks this Christmas?
Prosecco, Espresso Martinis, good malt whiskies, Bellinis, Baileys cocktails, cranberry cocktails.
• How many extra staff will you be bringing on for this festive season?
Teams of staff are already in place at The Golf Inn and Old Churches House so we are well-supported in the move but we will be reviewing this shortly to see if additional cover is needed.
• If you could give one piece of advice to help a member of staff cope with the busy festive season, what would it be?
Service with a smile. We still need to make customers feel valued and special at Christmas – so make it special, make it sparkle.
• What’s your personal favourite tipple at Christmas?
Wine or a gin and tonic.
The full article can be read here.